Sunday, September 27, 2009

Did that really happen?

So as my 22nd birthday approached, happened, and disappeared like writing in the sand I have done a little reflecting of events in my life...

First off I have to remind myself every day that I am 22 years old. I like the number so I hope its a good year. When I was about 6 years old I went to my cousin's wedding, he was 22 when he got married and I thought that was so old so I said that sounds like a good age to get married. Little did I know how not so old it is and 99% it won't be happening this year.

I often have to remind myself that I have graduated college, like seriously...I have a degree? I suppose my daily events aren't a very good reminder of this accomplishment.

Little things remind me of my days in Chile. Just certain songs, or my ability to carry on full conversations in Spanish, or the great memories I have with the amazing friends I made there who I miss dearly. But again, often I have to be like, seriously...I lived in Chile for 5 months? I got a map for my birthday and put it up on my wall pronto because I just love to look at the map of the world and see all the different places I have been or want to go. I looked at Punta Arenas where I went backpacking in Patagonia and I was like "oh my God, I was so close to Antartica!"


Anyways, So little update on my life:

The International Festival is this coming weekend!!! I hope everything goes well. In case you didn't know, I am interning with them and helping with all the planning. Its like my ideal job except I am not getting paid. I should be at the festival the whole weekend so if you go there you should definitely find me! I have no idea where I will be but should have my cell on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment