Friday, July 31, 2009

What are you doing now?

So I get asked this question pretty much on a daily basis. Since I have a college degree I suppose I am expected to be doing something worth talking about. Also, the bank tellers and my customers just like to have small talk and this is the easiest question to ask when you hear I just graduated. I appreciate the interest people have in my life but I wish I had something great to tell them. So I try to put a big spin on it like this.....

My job consists of running around Cameron Bar and Grill, a locally owned restaurant, from 10am-2pm or 5-10ish. I am definitely not just sitting at a desk wasting my energy. I am either serving or hostessing, once in a while I am expo (making sure the food is the way it was ordered and running it to tables) in the kitchen where I get to speak Spanish with the cooks. I say get to because I don't have many other people to practice my Spanish with in my pursuit of being fluent. I like serving and hostessing because I get to interact with people. I can pretty good money at night serving, so I can still pay my bills and go out on the weekends.

So in theory it sounds pretty good... there just isn't much significance to my job and I am in need of a more purposeful life. Therefore I am meeting with someone on Monday to discuss being an intern for the International Festival here in Raleigh, an event I attend ever year. I really hope I get it!

I also just moved into an apartment with my friend from freshman year, Kelsey! So all you Raleighains (I made that up) will have to come visit me! And all of you other kind folk, come visit too and I will make sure to have freshly baked cookies and some sort of alcohol.

I think I am still allowed to blame the economy for the lack of excitement in my career right now? However Jon and Kate divorcing and Michael Jackson dying have taken the stage as the unemployed sit in their living rooms watching these tragedies unfold.

So thats what I am doing now....

1 comment:

  1. im on blogger too! :P ps. i really hope you get the international festival internship!!! I know the Hungarians will be participating (per usual) : ) so ill def. see you there! im excited! ::fingers crossed!::

    ReplyDelete