Saturday, July 25, 2009

Choices

So since I have graduated college (May 9,2009 to be exact), I have thought about all the choices I have to make now. For the first time in my life I have real choices to make, real choices that will affect my life and I will have no one else to blame if I make wrong ones. Where will I live? Where will I work? What will I spend all my money on? Its quite overwhelming in this unknown territory.

So far, the majority of my life, most of my significant choices were made for me. I did not have to choose where to live, what to drive, what to do with my daily life. College was a choice made based on eliminating other options. For financial reasons, my choice of college was limited to within the borders of North Carolina. I chose North Carolina State University, the largest university in NC located in Raleigh, the second largest city in NC. I mention those two details because thats a large part of why I chose State. I enjoyed my four years there, I believe I would have enjoyed an out of state university more but hey I am a lot less in debt so I guess it all works out.

Now it seems everyone is interested in what choices I have made lately. Well if I could choose to have my life any way I want it, I would be living in a loft in NYC, helping people every day through my career, and living the life I see on TV. Of course thats not happening. Instead I am moving into my one story apartment building on Wednesday, paying for it by tips of Cameron Bar and Grill customers, and "helping" people every day by serving them food that will clog their arteries and their much needed alcohol. But hey, I made choices that have led me to this life. Lucky for me, I still have time to make more choices to start living the life I've imagined.

I shall share the choices I make via this blog so stay tuned :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment